We found our furniture and it is so beautiful. Now we can give our other stuff to Katy and Lance and Quinton who is still not here! Poor Katy has been having contractions for 5 days now and he still won't come! Just pray!
So, I have been totally slacking on the blog.... again. You girls and all my other fans should nag and prod me along to write more often!
This whole war thing seems so foreign to me. It's so surreal just watching it on CNN or FOX. For some reason, Dan Rather helps me feel at ease. I don't know exactly who we are bombing, but I hope we have the right intentions. I mean, I hope W has been completely honest with us regarding the safety, or lack thereof, of the Iraqi people. If we are really trying to "Liberate" them, I hope we are successful. I hat being lied to. That's what this country has become accustom to and it's no wonder people are so cynical. I don't support their beliefs, because I will support my president in anything he does. Anti-war protests may make someone feel un-guilty, but they won't do anything to support our country.
I remember my dad telling me about when he came home from Vietnam. He was told not to wear his dress uniform because he'd probably get spit on and have rotten eggs thrown at him. When he arrived at his destination after a year of risking his life, we was met with angry protest, resentment and hatred. He still doesn't talk about it much. Anywho, I could never do that to a soldier.
No comments:
Post a Comment