October 18, 2003

OK peeps, I am FINALLY Blogging ... thanks for the prodding ... prod prod. ... Here goes. We aren't allowed to use the computers at work for Internet purposes unless it is for a customer, so I have to do it at home on my turtle modem from 1987 ... dial-up sucks and we are researching other options. Praise the LORD!

Mist, I am so glad you got my card. You know, there are those moments in life when you see something that was made for somebody you know and it would be a travesty to not get it. I hope you enjoyed it.

Mys sister is my hero right now. She is helping me to remember that we are stuck in hell holes for just a small time in life. Fort Davis is a beautiful little town and best of all, it's in my beloved home land ... mmmm Texas. Willcox is similar to FD in that there are pretty views and mountains. However, there is significantly less inbreeding and significantly better use of grammar than there is here. I saw an ad on the side of a truck for some computer service ... I can't remember the exact phrase, but people out here like to just put in an apostrophe for no reason. eg a plural noun like tees needs no apostrophe, yet I saw a customer's bag the other day that had "Tee's" in black marker written on it. My question is: Tee is what? OK... I have a problem with being the grammar police ... it's all I have left people!

Moving on ... We are hoping to get home for Christmas. It will be so nice to see everyone, but I hope we can get to see everyone all spread apart. I can't wait till mom and dad get the place done in Glen Rose... Christmases will be so special when we're all so close together. Plus, we'll probably have a bambino there to spoil. Can't wait for that either... which reminds me of a funny story...

Zach and I went to a b-day party last night and he wanted to get his buddy a bottle of Tequila so I stopped by the grocery store to pick it up, along with a few other items. I was walking out of the store carrying two kinda heavy bags behind a little mommy who was carrying a baby carrier. She glanced back at me and I said "I'd much rather be carrying what you've got there." She must've thought I was some psycho kidnapper because she just turned around and kept walking faster. I thought about how creepy I must have seemed and I just had to laugh. I just thought it symbolized the mindset I am in now and how much I want to leave my kid ways behind and be a grown up. OK session over.

Well, there's the blog. I hope I can find time again to update. If not before Halloween, have a good and safe one!

No comments: