November 7, 2004

Well, he's gone. My man left early this morning for Georgia and he won't be back for 75 more days. I will count them all. I had known about this for a while and I am usually mentally prepared for stuff like this, but it all came down on me last night after we went to bed. I thought about how this would be the last time for a while that I would be able to wrap my arm around him whenever I want. Ladies, go give your man a hug and kiss as soon as you can. Cherish him while you have him right there beside you. I know he's not gone forever and that I can go visit him if I really want to, I just miss him right now. And I probably will in a minute, too.

The one thing I keep trying to remind myself is that he's not that far away and he's not in imminent danger. I can look at a globe and see where I am and where he is without having to spin it around. My girls whose men are in Iraq right now miss their men just as much, but have a whole lot less hope to hold on to than I do. I can get in a car right now an get to him. They are held captive. I have to just keep remembering them. They are my heroes right now.

Hope I didn't depress anybody out there. I just had to get that out. I do feel better now. Thank God I have family just a hill away who can help keep my mind occupied. Thank God I have friends nearby who I can call to go hang out with. And thank God Halo 2 is coming out day after tomorrow!

No comments: