February 25, 2005

Well, it's now official. I got the call from the nurse this morning that we are scheduled to be induced at 7 a.m. on March 11th! I can hardly wait! Zach will fly in the night before and will get to be there for the birth. What a blessing! So now I need to stay pregnant until then so he can witness it. So all those dilation and effacement prayers can be put back on hold until March 10th. Is that specific or what?

Zach turned 30 yesterday and we went out to eat and then to Best Buy where he picked out a Merle Haggard CD. He has about 273 now. We celebrate Merle's entire catalog.

Zach leaves early Sunday morning to go back to Georgia and his graduation date is June 8th. I hope to be able to go and watch him and take his new daughter with me. I think that would be so awesome. She'll be almost 3 months old by then and will be pretty expressive (from what I've heard.)

Also, the baby weighs about 7 pounds and 4 ounces as of Tuesday. She may be even bigger by this Tuesday. And who knows how huge she's gonna be on March 11th! I could have a 10-pound-bass if that's at all possible for my body.

Maybe we should start a pool. Are there any bookies out there who want to take bets on her length and weight? I can tell you that I was 9 lbs. and X oz. and Zach was 8 lbs. and X oz. I was around 20 inches long and he was 24. So that may help you with your determinations. And mom, if I am wrong on how much I weighed, please advise. I can't remember. I went through a lot that day and I have forgotten that little detail.

Let's see ... what else? Oh, I have started doing the work at home thing with the phone stuff and I am finding it pretty easy. I am finally getting the hang of it and I can't wait to see the residuals. I just hope I can keep it up and keep working after the baby's born. I want it to be worth staying home for, I just need more hours.

We had ANOTHER baby shower yesterday. The gals at Zach's office wanted to do something nice for us so they threw us a little shower in the conference room. It was so sweet. Me and two other girls and then 10 gruff law enforcement guys were in there opening little pink socks and a pink Boppy pillow. They all wondered what I was gonna use it for, but I just told them it was for decoration. (For those of you who don't know, it's primarily used as a breast-feeding prop pillow.) Good times and good food.

So that's it for now. The plan is to stay at home until March 10th and then I will check myself into the hospital that night to be induced the next day. I won't be staying with my folks or his folks as I need to be close to the hospital. So hopefully, if needed, someone can come and stay with me in Benbrook. We'll see.

OK, I need to check flight prices. Peace.

No comments: