It's been a while since I blogged for real. I have been getting away with just putting up pics. I still have more of them to add, I just thought I'd put some actual words up today.
I made it through labor. Praise God. Really, gals, it was a lot harder than I had ever imagined. I don't want to discourage anyone, because I am obviously in love with my child and love everything about her, but my God that hurt. I also think I will write a little column or something about the crap the books DON'T tell you! There were some major surprises and I mean surprises. I can't go into too much detail on here because it would just be wrong, but all the stuff I read about forgetting the pain as soon as you see that baby is a load of romantic crap.
OK, now that I've ranted about the pain part, it absolutely was a miracle. I still can't believe I'm a mom and I can't believe she's mine and I made her. There are times when I forget she's there and that I am responsible for her. It's kinda funny, actually. I will be driving in the car and hear her make a peep and it kinda shocks me for a split-second.
She's a really great baby, too. For all my pals out there who didn't have the greatest experience with a mild-mannered child, I feel for you. She sleeps about 4 to 5 hours a night on average. She's really great about that.
I somehow have managed to stick with breast-feeding this entire 17 days since she was born. There were some harrowing moments, but I think I have got it down. The hospital sends even breast-feeding moms home with some ready made formula in 4 packs. That crap sat in the corner of the room and mocked me when I realized I couldn't handle it one day. I had to break down and give it to her and it broke my heart. She lapped it up and I sat there and bawled. It was so sad. Plus, I was a little hormonal and emotional.
Well, I just got a bulletin that she is crying, so I had better get going.
Thanks for all your prayers and well wishes. We appreciate it!
No comments:
Post a Comment