May 4, 2005

Sadee slept in her big bed for the first time last night. Which means she's out of her bassinet that has been in my family for more than 30 years! (It's the same one I slept in along with my cousins. Not at the same time of course.) Which also means she's growing up! :( It makes me a little sad, but it is inevitable. She's also out of her newborn diapers. It's all happening so fast! Now I am changing her clothes 3 times a day just to make sure she gets to wear all her cute clothes. my my my...

So, my take on the whole "runaway bride" saga, I think this woman either started out unstable and this wedding pushed her over the edge, or the wedding caused her be unstable. That was an unstable decision she made - not a lot of clear thinking goin' on there. I heard she had 8 BRIDAL SHOWERS! That's extreme, but that may be because she was marrying a wealthy man and because it is Georgia. Who knows. I do know that she planned this thing out and thought about it for a while because she bought the bus ticket a week before the wedding. It's so nutty!

I feel bad for the fiance. He's been made to look like a putz and he's still gonna stand by her. I guess he thinks she's the one. She may be, who knows. I am just rambling.

Speaking of marriage, I just finished reading "The Proper Care and Feeding of Husbands." It was a really good book and I now have the follow-up book, "Woman Power." It's a good thing I am reading these books right now while Zach's gone. I got some great advice that I hope to be able to implement. It's little things that I might have eventually learned after years of arguing. I learned that men and women are wired differently and that wiring is what makes us both so unique and special. Sometimes women are taught that men's wiring is wrong and must be corrected. I can attest to regarding some of that crap with the feminist movement. We are NOT taught, however, that when our husbands are out working or "slaying the dragon" they are doing what the family needs in order to survive. It may all sound a little dramatic, but when you look at it that way, it kinda puts things into perspective about marriage. Now I know some of us have situations this wisdom cannot be applied to, but there is hope for the next time around. I just really liked the book and can't wait to apply it's advice to my little social experiment called marriage and family.

Word.

No comments: