December 21, 2002

There have been some busy little bloggers out there this week! I wish I was home in Texas. This Christmas being so far away from everyone is beyond depressing. Thank God we have some non-alcoholic friends' house to escape to. I will attmpt making the vegetable entrees for our Christmas dinner.

We have had an enjoyable pre-Christmas week. I got home from work last night and Zach (My B) had cleaned THE WHOLE HOUSE! What a man, what a man. The only thing he didn't do was wash the silverware. Apparently that's HIS pet peeve. Mine is the whol sink full of dishes. You know, this may sound crass, but I am in the land of Rosarios, I bet I could find one and have a clean house for under $20 per week! Whad'ya say? I got the Rosario from Will&Grace. LOVE THAT SHOW! And I don't even mind all the fairy-like homosexuality. It just makes me laugh.

Anywho, on to Misti's comments. My Mom is a great cook. She can follow directions and she knows all these little tricks and can whip up meringue in an instant. The issue with her cooking is time. It is a little time consuming and sometimes she/we forget that we have put a pecan pie in the oven and then when we remember, it looks like a round charcoal brickette. Oh, no wait... that was my pecan pie. But no, she makes incredible chocolate pies. Mist, I don't klnow how much you may or may not remember about my grandma Flo, but she was the best cook ever. She was the original MacGyver of the kitchen. She could whip up 48 or 35 homemade bisquits in a second. And she rarely ever had to look at a recipe book. That's where mom gets it from.

SO I decided to get Zach a beagle puppy for Christmas from the Arizona Beagle Rescue. There is a cute dog named Toby that I have my eye on. We can't get him until after we move into the new house yet because we can't have pets here. So anyway, somehow the dog discussion comes up while we're watching TV tonight and I ask him what beagles can hunt. He says rabbits and then tells me that he has a beagle coming for ME after Christmas! Good thing we talked about it! I told him I had been looking at one, too. I think that would be a great dog to have. I have been wanting a dog for SOOO long and we both figured we would like a beagle. So now, we may get one soon! Yippee! I don't know what we will name him, but it will be cute whichever one we get.

So anywho, be thankful that you will be with your families this Christmas and remember that we live in Pathetic, AZ. Shabatt Shalom, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanzaa and Peace in the Middle East.

No comments: