December 30, 2002

We finally got our beagle! We haven't quite figured out what to name him, but Sam Houston and Atticus Finch are at the top of my list. I think we finally settled on Bill Monroe, the Bluegrass Legend. I think it's cool to have a first and last name for him. He's such a sweet dog (about 6 mos. old) and he hasn't made a sound yet. We are so glad we got him when we did.

When I first got home, I asked Zach if he had a name before. Apparently this guy had spent his entire life in some lab in New Mexico and has never lived in a home. He doesn't have a name, but he does have a tattoo in his ear. # 809-532. I feel like we just busted him out of a Jewish concentration camp through the underground railroad. I am Oscar Schindler. Although, it would be easy to identify him, we will not call him 809. We could however call him Agent 809 ... sort of James Bondish. Any way, here he is! the sweet pup and his tat from the pen

No comments: