April 25, 2003

Have I mentioned in the last year how much I love the show, "Inside the Actors' Studio" on Bravo? There is so much to learn about what goes on in the mind of an actor.

Well, I watched the tearful apology of the Dixie Chicks last night on ABC ... twice. I took two times for me to get what the whole thing is about. Natalie has a free spirit that implores her to speak her mind before she thinks. That is something I definitely do. I heard them say two things that made me think:
1. Natalie said that since she was a little girl, she needed to hear why she couldn't do something. I am exactly the same way.
2. Martie said that part of why some people like the Dixie Chicks is that same free spirit, wild child thing Natalie has in her spirit.

Now I understand ... I accept her as she is. I am glad to be listening to those real girls. Faults, differing opinions and all.

No comments: