We just found out were pregnant on July 12. It was kinda comical actually. We haven't been really trying just kind thought, it'll happen if it's gonna happen. So my period was late and I thought it was because of the diet I had been on for about a month. I initially lost a few pounds, but then the scale started going back up ... I was frustrated especially since I had been working out 4 days a week. My measurements were even going up. So I thought, great, another failed diet. So I decided to pick up a pregnancy test at the grocery store one night and I got a 3 pack, just in case. Went home and took the test and just sorta let it sit there for a bit before I looked at it again. I honestly forgot about it while I was reading a magazine and then remembered. I nonchalantly looked at the test and was SHOCKED when it had both lines in both boxes. Could this be right? I looked at the directions again and thought OH MY GOD! A wave of excitement came over me, but it wasn't the happy excitement, it was just sort of panic. Zach was asleep but he hadn't been for too long. I kinda floated in there, tears streaming down my cheeks, and stood by the bed. I had the test in one hand and the directions in the other and I didn't know what to say. I just hoped he'd hear me sobbing and know what I was trying to tell him. He woke up, sat up in the bed and said "What's wrong? Did you get in a fight at workout?" At that point, I began laughing and said "No, Look!" He finally figured out what I was holding and he just grabbed me. We held each other and laughed and cried for minutes. He then wanted to look at the test and see for himself. We stayed up a while talking about what was gonna happen now and what we needed to do to get ready. I knew I needed to get on some vitamins ASAP and that I needed to confirm the results. I had to be at work the next morning, but it was so hard to get back to sleep. I decided to take another test the next morning, just to be sure. It too, was positive. I made an appointment the next day to see a local doctor, Dr. Thomas Pettinger. He confirmed the results and prescribed pre-natal vitamins for us. What an exciting day! I had a hard time trying not to tell everybody at work, but I felt it was still so soon and I am always worried about the "what ifs" so I only told a couple of people. The next step was telling my family who I knew we'd see in a few days. I couldn't wait because it was so rare to get to see them in person. I felt it was God's way of having just the right timing to make everything work out beautifully.
No comments:
Post a Comment