December 30, 2009

Christmas Joy … it was Christmas?

This year has flown by. I can’t believe it was Christmas! It didn’t seem like it, I think, because I am so distracted with this pregnancy. I keep talking about how next Christmas will be with an almost 1-year-old boy and my big girl. What a difference a year will make! Wow.

We DID have a wonderful Christmas this year. Sadee was just overjoyed. Santa brought her a blue bicycle, just like she wanted, but the basket, he’s asked Zach and I to help her pick out.

We were at Zach’s folks on Christmas Eve and we got sorta stuck in the crappy frozen weather. We were literally 300 yards from our house, (we could see the porch light!) when we came to a complete halt. A big rig was stuck on the highway and no one was going around. Sheesh! We sat there for what seemed like forever and we finally made our way around. Zach was a good driver and kept it between the lines the whole time. What usually takes about 45 minutes took us over two hours! But I am counting my blessings because I hear there were hundreds of people stuck on I-20 for hours and hours on Christmas Eve. I can’t imagine what I would have told my kids. How can one explain that?

So I am pretty close now. We are still set to deliver on the 13th. I have another check up today. Yippee. Zach got me an iPhone for Christmas (YAY!!!!) so I think I might be able to keep people updated if I can figure out how to send updates to this blog. We will see.

I STILL haven’t sat down with the boss man to talk about when or how long I will be out. Fortunately, the big event I am planning for March I was able to push back to May. So that’s a huge relief. Now I can just focus on the baby and getting better. I SO hope this time isn’t like the last time. All I am saying is that 4th degree tears/episiotomies are torture. I hope a c-section isn’t near as painful. Dr. A seems to think this time will be much better. Lord I hope she’s right!

No comments: