December 11, 2002

Holy cow, where to begin?!

We got back night before last. We had such a great time with both families. His and mine. We got to Hico the day before Thanksgiving and were sucked into the whirlwind of weddings, food, children, Monsters, Inc., cheeseburgers, wooden birdhouses, 3 year olds, teenage angst, nursing final exams TO BECOME AN RN (ANITA GILL!!! Yeah!), and turkey.

Zach's sister Katy got married to Mr. Lance McLean (pronounced McLAYNE). So now she is Katy McLean. I just love the sound of that. The wedding was beautiful. Her theme was the Yellow Rose Of Texas ... ahhhh.. and his tuxedo was the Texas Flag.... with a Texas flag bow tie to match. The twins were the ring bearers and did a MUCH better job for Kate's wedding than they did for mine. UNTIL -- Keaton decided he would test his potty training skills on everyone. During the Lord's Prayer he announced to the congregation that he "Gotta Go Peeeeeee!!!!" and continued the demand until the groom kissed the bride. After the recessional, I was designated to take the boy to pee, and he didn't quite make it. He was wearing pull-ups so it didn't go through, but he was insisting that he still had to pee. Man, little boys are persistent. He tried and tried, but he was all peeeed out!

Thanksgiving was 2 days before the wedding, so it was kind of a blur. Food was good. Much props for Alice's chocolate pies that taste EXACTLY like my mom's. MMM MMM good. Still paying for that. Gained 5 pounds on this trip.

Those boys kept us entertained. I hope they know they serve such an important purpose in our lives. They are great fun and great birth control all in one! Just jokes. I would be thrilled to have those boys as my own. But alas, not ready for that job yet. Keaton and I had a deep, philosophical discussion about where certain animals and superheroes go poop. It appears that he thinks the bigger the being the more likely they are to go poop in the potty at Ya-Ya's house. So if you are a little puppy, you go poop outside, but if you are Spiderman, you go poop inside in the potty. I was especially confused when he told me that a horse is supposed to go poop inside because outside is too little. Still trying to figure that one out.

Lauren, 15, is now driving, when she is allowed and tries to be allowed as often as possible. I so remember those days. Need me to go to the store? I remember just practicing backing in and out of the driveway. So her mom is Nita and has been busting her ass to be an RN for about 3-4 years and made an 84 on her final!!!! WE ARE SO PROUD!!! Back to normal life for her and her girls. I just wish I could have been there when she found out her grade. She called us after the 4th beer to tell us about it. Her friend called to tell her the grade and her response was. "You're F**king kidding me!!!" I guess she was happy.

So now we're back to the grind. I don't have to be back to work until tomorrow at 11 am. So I am trying to get as much done as I can. It's a little bit harder too, when you have a cough and your nose is running faster than you can walk. Bah....

So we were just now watching Good Morning America and Sheryl Crow was performing live. She is wearing a T-shirt that says "I don't believe in your war, Mr. Bush." I know some of you folks might not agree with me, but I think that's entirely inappropriate. I don't know what nations are hiding their weapons of mass destruction, but I hope they aren't aimed at Israel. Just don't get me started on the whole Israeli-Palestinian conflict. I am absolutely torn apart by the whole situation.....

Back to me. Zach's dad, Rusty, got into woodwork recently and thought he would try his hand at making Zach and I a bed. I knew we were getting a bed because we had to take Zach's truck to Texas (not an enjoyable ride!) So I didn't know what to expect, because of all the Get Us A Grandbaby jokes. He told us he was going to engrave "Cryer-Fleming Child Development Center" on the headboard. Needless to say ... the bed, made of cedar, is AWESOME. It absolutely took my breath away. No silly messages. Just pure Texas cedar, handcrafted into a beautiful bed. We will set it up in our new home (we were approved for the loan by the way, woo hoo.) I will take pictures then.

I will leave you all with this for now and thanks for having patience and not giving up on me. The blogs would have been half-ass had I updated while being with family.

Peace in the Middle-East.

No comments: