My thoughts of late have mostly been consumed with Lydia and justice. This blog seems so unimportant when it comes to my true perspective about life. I know my life will go on, but she is sitting in a jail cell and was labeled a murderer. I just feel so helpless and powerless and unAmerican for not protesting in the streets.
But I know there are people who care about me and want to know what is happening in MY life so here's a little update.
Zach made it to Benbrook with the truck and the whole family converged to unload all the boxes in the house and garage. They were so quick! Like they were on a mission! They were so helpful. We are living in Brown Box Land. They are EVERYWHERE! And they are all shouting "unpack me! unpack me!" They will be in time. There is just so much to do! I just want to make sure it's all done right. Maybe I will wait a couple more months for that nesting thing to kick in and then just stay up for 3 days straight getting it all organized. Maybe not.
I had my first Dr visit and I love her! She's a bad ass. She is relatively young. She looks to be about in her mid-30s and she has twin 15-month-old girls who are so cute. She confirmed my suspicions that I was farther along than I thought. I went in thinking (according to the original dr.) that I was about 10 weeks along. She said I was 11.5! Wooo hooo! What a gift! A week and a half! That puts my due date to March 13th. I let her know that because my husband couldn't be there, I didn't want to hear the heartbeat without him. That was no problem
As she was examining me, she was looking at the little screen. I was just looking at the ceiling and trying to make small talk when she said "here." She turned the little screen toward me and there it was .... a squirmy little bean!! It was only ONE bean and it was turning and rolling and bouncing around and never sat still. I was so not prepared to see that the only thing I could come up with was, "hi. " She took the little picture and typed hi on the little dialogue part. Part of me was so excited to see the occupant, but part of me was totally cutting off my emotions because I wanted to save that for Zach. He really wanted to be there to hear and see stuff. So hopefully he will be there for the next one. Oh yeah, she also said I had a cyst and she wanted to see me in two weeks to check the size, but she wasn't worried and said it will most likely go away on its own. I am not the least bit worried. In fact, I asked Lydia about it the other day at the trial and she said the cyst acts as a sort of basket holding the hormones that keep me pregnant. That was comforting. Imagine that.
Well, I guess that's about it. Our computer is still on the floor in pieces so it may be a while before I can get that going. So the blogs may be few and far between. Later!
No comments:
Post a Comment