So last night we were sitting on the couch. Shocking, I know. Every evening I find some object to place on my stomach to watch the freak show. And by freak show, I mean the nutty movement of the baby. It has gotten out of hand. He about flicked the remote control across the couch one night. Last night we placed a baby hair brush, bristles down, on my belly. That was CRAZY! That little thing jiggled and jostled nonstop. I then decided on an experiment. Let's hypothesize that Sadee's voice can somehow influence some activity. After all, when I am interacting with her and playing with her, that seems to be the EXACT moment the little feller decides he wants to exit stage left – no need to exit through the uterus, we'll just go right through the navel. It is a portal, after all, right. Well, that's what he thinks!
So back to the experiment: so I tell Sadee to say something to her brother. I had NO idea what she would choose to say. I did not anticipate she would say something overly sweet and mushy, but sometimes she surprises me. She put her face right to my belly and said, "hello in there little brother! I can't wait to meet you!"
My heart melts. What a sweet, sweet moment. What a sweet, sweet girl. Let's read this post in a year and see how much of the saccharine is left and replaced with lemon rind.
No comments:
Post a Comment