Well, the girls at work threw us a big shower this Saturday and boy was it sweet. No pun intended. The baby cake, the gifts, the friends and oh yeah, my enormous gut, made everything start to seem more real to me. I guess I always knew I wanted more than one child, but now that that other child is closer to being on the way, it's such a weird feeling trying to imagine him actually wearing the actual clothes people actually bought for him. I am actually going to have a baby boy!
It's weird, but I always thought I wanted only boys. I always thought they seemed so much more easygoing and carefree and less complicated than girls, but I guess it's all in how you raise them. I think Sadee is just the greatest kid. She gets me. Not that I need some kind of validation from my kid, but she and I have such a little rhythm going. We move through our morning routine with ease. We move through our evenings at home with more ease. I am beginning to feel a little nesty right now so I wonder how this little guy is going to fit into that routine. Should I just develop a whole new family routine for all of us? I usually don't obsess about these things, but I just want things to be in their place and I want things to be just right. I've never felt so much like this before. God help us all!
Only 65 days left until he's here. We still don't have a name!
No comments:
Post a Comment